Basically, I have to go through a series of testing to try and figure out if this is something "minor" that can be fixed with simple medication. So here is the breakdown of what is to come:
1. The first thing on the list is LOTS of bloodwork. I did get some testing done today, but not much could be done because I hadn't been fasting (they didn't expect to check my blood today). I blood taken to figure out how many eggs I have this month as I am about to ovulate.
2. I have to have three more sets of bloodwork done. The next being Thrombophillia to check to see if my blood is clotting even the tiniest bit. This could be causing pregnancy loss as the blood is not flowing as it should.
3. Next is an insulin test to make sure I am not resisting any insulin. Apparently this too is a common problem.
4. The last set is to be done on day 3 of my cycle and checks my progesterone levels and a few other things.
5. After that, I have to have an HSG procedure done where dye is injected into my fallopian tubes and uterus. This will make sure my tubes and the shape of my uterus is ok. Apparently its a tad bit painful ):
After the testing, I will go back in a little less than a month to talk about the findings and what to do next. She said she feels like my tubes are fine because I have gotten pregnant twice. She told me that I am almost "maxed out" on Clomid and that I could only try one more month of that. She was glad I was on the Prometrium (for low Progesterone) and to keep taking that. She complimented us for being proactive and talked about how young we are (we sure don't feel like it..) and that most of her patients were older. I was by far the youngest in the waiting room. We LoVeD her! I feel like I am in the right hands and she is the lady for the job (: So the next step is to see how the testing plays out and go from there! She said if I got pregnant this month to call immediately because if I do have a clotting problem I would need to be put on meds to save the pregnancy. I am trying not to freak out about that...
When we were checking out there was a lady that just found out she was pregnant via IVF. She was getting her insurance straightened out and talking to the receptionist. I couldn't help but smile and pray for her..that the Lord would protect this pregnancy for her if it was His will. You could tell she was excited but scared. It is an uneasy feeling to be pregnant but worried that it could end too soon. I felt for her as I know the IVF process is pretty taxing and the feeling of being SO happy about something but SO scared of what could come. So silly to think like that and sinful at the same time.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
Well, that is it for now! Check back soon and have a great weekend (: