Monday, July 2, 2012

24 Weeks

Today marks a big day for this pregnancy...for me anyway! All along I have set milestones. Because I found out SO early (less than four weeks), I kept telling myself, "If I can just make it to week __".  The first was 5 weeks, then 7, then 10, 12, 15, 20, and now 24! I am not quite sure what my next one is?? I am thinking 28.  I am not as fearful anyone of losing Avery, now it's turned into a fear of what could happen if I do go into pre-term labor. It's always something!!! I have anxiety of the nursery being nowhere close to being done, not having the furniture we need, blah, blah, blah. All along I have to tell myself that this worry that I feel is ridiculous and God has been so good to us. I have to trust His plan.

On another note the summer is half way over )-: I am also having a lot of anxiety about going back to work. I so wish we had the means for me to stay home. I want so much to be able to not stress, get ready for this baby, and know that I won't have to go back to the grind of teaching once she is here. Wishful thinking I know. It's just a dream for now!

Pregnancy wise I am doing pretty good! The nausea stopped at about 19 weeks, but soon after I started coughing my head off and haven't stopped since. Yep, I have been coughing for over a month now! Talk about miserable. I have been to the doctor twice and everything they have suggested hasn't worked. I just don't know! I go to the OBGYN on Thursday and plan to talk to them about it then. I seem to be doing some growing in the tummy department over the past couple of weeks and can feel Avery what seems like ALL the time! Just yesterday I was able to feel her from the outside with my hand on my stomach. I'm hoping Nick can feel her soon! I know he really wants too (-:

We have the nursery all cleaned out and I plan on painting in the next week! I can't wait to have the paint up on the walls! Then will come figuring out furniture and getting what we do have put up! Exciting! I find myself really wanting to get things as organized as we can before I go back to work. I just know how exhausted I am going to be coupled with how much Nick works...it just makes sense to get what we can done in the next 5 weeks!

I am so thankful for this time off from work! We just got back from a wonderful vacation with my family and had such a good time. It is always so bittersweet for it to end and I miss them so much already! I plan to spend as much time as possible relaxing and taking the rest of this summer all in.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! The fear thing is totally normal. I have to make a conscious effort not to fret about getting into a car wreck or even...struck by lightening (wow...it sounds even more ridiculous when I type it out). I guess it's just those mommy instincts kicking into high gear for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. I and My Husband give a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situaton.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflamatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Diabetes,Herpes Virus.

    ReplyDelete