Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Comin' On Christmas..

You know sometimes I feel like people just don't get it. Miscarriage isn't a "small thing" or something that is so "normal" that you get over it quickly. It is losing. a. life.

I get really frustrated when people make comments that are so insensitive to what they perceive miscarriage to be. OK, so let's say I had never had a miscarriage (or 3 and a chemical..). I would NEVER say to the husband or God forbid mother that lost a child, "You know, I just didn't think it was really that big of a deal?"

WHAT?!?

It is a good thing I have God right there by my side to comfort and assure me not everyone understands. I don't get mad at these comments. I just can't in my right mind understand how someone could be so callous to the fact that a LIFE was growing, stopped growing, and died. Until your in it, you have no idea. That goes with anything I guess.

I will stop on my rant now. The good news is that Christmas is fastly approaching (: I just love this time of year and am always so sad to see it go. It is such a reflective time in my relationship with Christ and I think every year at this time where or what I would be without Him. Unfortunately, this time of year can also be a bit sad someone like me who is struggling to have children. I want to do the same things many of the people I know are doing with their children...it can be a somewhat disheartening. When I feel this way, I am reminded of this quote:

Whenever Christmas begins to burden, it’s a sign that I’ve taken on something of the world and not of Christ. Any weight in Christmas has to be of this world.  Ann Voscamp

I know these feelings I have stem from the inside selfish struggles that comes with the territory of infertility. It is a constant struggle that can seriously tear you down if you let it. I pray that I can let the burdens that the world puts on my shoulders daily go, and remember that God wants to carry them for me. I came across this song on a blog that I read pretty regularly and it somewhat embraces what I feel when I am a little low this time of year.  Thought I would share (:

I won't let this somewhat sadness ruin this joyful time of year. That would just be silly. God is greater. The birth of His Son is greater.



No comments:

Post a Comment